Friday, May 25, 2012

The East Side is King


I'm a big fan of Asian fusion food. It may be my favorite genre, if that is possible. So it was quite a delight to discover a food trailer that fell under this theme. Plus, it's on the back patio of a bar on East 6th. (Not dirty 6th!)

East Side King sets in the back of the outside sitting area at the Liberty. I have to say, it's pretty awesome to have food trailers set up at a bar. I mean, a beer and some food. Super winning.

Aleza, her mommy Jill (my second mother) and I went there recently, while Jilly was visiting for Mother's Day. We ordered an assortment of food, including rice, sweet potatoes, the Chicken Kara'age, both plain and the pho buns. Yum. I'd say our favorite of the evening was definitely the Chicken. It was crispy on the outside but moist and tender on the inside. 







Some little facts about East Side King. It was started by three of the chefs from Uchi, a fancy, gourmet restaurant down South which is supposed to be AMAZING. One of the chefs, Paul Qui, just won Season 9 of Food Network's Top Chef.



To learn more about East Side King, check out their website and their Facebook page.
I mean, look at our faces, I think we are enjoying ourselves.

Happy Eating!

4 comments:

  1. Amazing looking food + amazing looking girlz! I heard UCHI is really really good! There's one in H-ton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks Lisa :)You'll have to come visit and check out the trailer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the pics of this food are making my stomach growl!!!! I want all of it right now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never had the buns there but they look great!

    ReplyDelete