Sunday, May 20, 2012

I'm Back! With Burgers!

Hey all my loyal readers!

I'm back and armed with some great posts! This week, I will be posting every DAY! So make sure to be checking this week! You can look forward to a couple posts on goodies I've made in the past and some awesome places in Austin that I have been devouring. Plus, a restaurant I've already reviewed but now you'll get a take on brunch!

So onto the BURGERS! On the way to the gym today, Aleza and I decided to eat before.  Yes, I realize the irony of this statement. Anyways, we were driving past this building that had a bunch of shops in it and Aleza thought maybe they'd have a cool local place in there that maybe we should try. When we pulled in, we saw a small food trailer area! HOORAY!

I'm not sure why, but we bee-lined toward:



That's right, COW BELLS!

When we went up to order, we were met by the super friendly owner, Daniel. He just opened this place up 3 weeks ago! He explained the menu to us and immediately responded when I asked what his favorite burgers were. There are about 9 different burgers listed, with unique names.  You could also customize, which made me happy. AND, there's breakfast, served in the morning!


This is Daniel! I think he'd love it if you came by and said hi! (And ate a burger!)

Choosing was hard. Originally, I was drawn to the veggie burger (I'm a major veggie burger LOVER) but Aleza ordered it so it was decided that I should get the turkey and we'd split. Best decision ever! Aleza ordered the veggie as is, while I, being me, added cheddar cheese to mine, per Daniel's cheese suggestion.


Hungry? Here is the Veggie, which goes by the name of the Woody Harrelson.



Woody is served on a whole wheat bun with a black bean veggie burger dressed with lettuce, onions, tomatoes and pickles with honey mustard. Yumm-o. We didn't even get cheese on it and it was delicious!

And now, The Pilgrim. Adorable name for the Turkey burger, I must say. After one bite, it made me wish it was Thanksgiving...(seriously the cranberries! Amazing, what a creative idea! And most importantly, scrumptious!!!)


The Turkey burger is also served on a whole wheat bun. Complimented by lettuce and tomatoes with basil mayo (seriously), the turkey burger itself is the true treat as it has an infusion of herbs that I honestly could have eaten it plain. I'm seriously debating going and getting it tomorrow. The Pilgrim is definitely, hands down, the best turkey burger I've ever had!

Did I mention that they have awesome sides. I saw sweet potato fries on the menu and had a mini heart attack. I love, love, LOVE sweet potato fries. More than regular ones. Seriously. A-MAAA-Zzzzing!
And Cow Bells' was no exception. Plus, Daniel gave us this awesome dipping sauce, ranch bbq. And did I mention, I love sweet potato fries!


I did have a little left over but I'm eating it right now while I write this post.  Yep, that's right. And yep, it's still delicious.

Located off of Riverside, come experience great burgers, a super nice owner (he checked on us multiple times) and a nice outdoor setup with sweet picnic tables. Check Cow Bells out on Facebook and Yelp!





2 comments:

  1. The sweet potato fries were my favorite part :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious! Can't wait to try it on our next visit. Keep eating Austin!!

    ReplyDelete